Trevor Schmitt's practice focuses on national security law, complex internal investigations, and government contracts with a particular focus on export controls, ITAR compliance, and bid protests. Mr. Schmitt has experience representing clients in government procurements, export control and sanctions matters, and criminal and civil investigations.
Mr. Schmitt graduated, magna cum laude, from the Georgetown University Law Center, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif. While in law school, he interned for the Honorable Jimmie V. Reyna of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and served as an Executive Senior Editor for the Georgetown Journal of International Law as well as a Managing Editor for the Georgetown Law Technology Review. Mr. Schmitt received his undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, from the University of New Mexico.
- GardaWorld Federal Services in the successful defense of a bid protest brought by SOC LLC involving an award of a $58M Department of State contract to provide security services at the US Embassy in Bangui, Central African Republic. SOC LLC, B-418487.2, .3, Feb. 4, 2021, 2021 CPD ¶ ___.
- Major international aerospace company in connection with disclosures and settlement with the US Department of State and the implementation of a Consent Agreement, as part of the company's agreement with the US Department of Justice, US Department of State, the French Parquet National Financier, and the UK Serious Fraud Office to resolve the authorities' investigations into allegations of bribery, corruption, and ITAR violations.
- Defense contractors on compliance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual.
- Several government contractors in bid protest matters, including representation in proceedings at the US Government Accountability Office and the US Small Business Administration's Office of Hearings and Appeals.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2019, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- BA, Communication, University of New Mexico, 2012, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia