David B. Schwartz advises clients on global data protection, privacy, and cybersecurity matters; manages investigations of privacy and security incidents and coordinates resolution of third-party claims; and represents clients in complex commercial litigations and investigations.
- Global financial technology company in response to third-party claims arising from ransomware incident.
- Fortune 500 pharmaceutical, payments, and professional service companies in planning and managing General Data Protection Regulation and Safe Harbor compliance.
- Global medical device manufacturer in global data protection, privacy, and cybersecurity counseling.
- Multi-state health system in investigation of patient data loss incident.
- Telemarketers and credit merchants in FTC and state agencies’ consumer protection action.
- Fortune 500 payments company in conducting data protection, privacy, and cybersecurity diligence for corporate acquisitions.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2010
- BA, History and Physics, Grinnell College, 2006
- New York
- Member, Board of Directors, Afya Foundation
- Member, New York American Inn of Court