Rashmi Seth has experience in a broad variety of general corporate and finance matters. Ms. Seth currently focuses her practice on derivatives and hedge funds and related regulatory matters and filing requirements.
She routinely represents foreign and domestic end-users, such as Fortune 500 corporates, hedge funds, private equity funds, and sovereigns, as well as lenders/swap providers, in the negotiation of International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) Master Agreements and related documents, including collateral arrangements, swap and loan documentation relative to finance-linked swap transactions, and on-boarding documentation for swap execution facilities.
Ms. Seth’s derivatives practice includes counseling clients with regard to Dodd-Frank and EMIR regulatory requirements and advising clients on the close-out mechanics under the ISDA Master Agreement. Her hedge fund practice includes experience with US domestic and offshore fund formation, separately managed accounts and negotiation of sub-advisory relationships. She also advises on all related regulatory compliance issues and filings, including the Form ADV filing.
- US and offshore hedge fund formation.
- Hedge funds in negotiation of managed account platforms, subadvisory relationships, and swap documentation and regulatory compliance.
- Sovereigns with regard to RFPs and syndication of cross-currency swaps and commodity options.
- Sovereigns and funds in negotiation of financed-linked swap transactions relative to credit facilities and bond offerings.
- Fortune 500 clients and hedge funds with regard to negotiation of ISDA documentation for their US and non-US entities with largest US swap dealers, including Citibank, JPMorgan, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, and Barclays.
- Credit-Suisse (Brazil) in derivative transactions.
- Not-for-profit healthcare organization in mediation proceedings of Lehman bankruptcy with regard to derivatives.
- Multilateral development bank in negotiation of JPY 12.5 billion cross-currency swap.
- Quebecor World (now World Color) in connection with its $1 billion debtor-in-possession bankruptcy financing and its $850 million exit financing from bankruptcy.
- US Airways in its most recent bankruptcy proceedings relative to the successful restructuring of credit facilities having aggregate obligations in excess of $700 million.
- JD, American University, Washington College of Law, 1996, summa cum laude
- AB, Smith College, 1993, cum laude
- London School of Economics and Political Science, 1992
- New York
- US Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Federal Claims, The Honorable Reginald W. Gibson