Lukas Šimas advises large corporations and individuals on all aspects of EU competition and antitrust laws and related EU regulatory matters.
Lukas represents clients across a broad range of industries—electronics, energy, investment management, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and transportation—before the European Commission in complex merger proceedings and advises in global cartel proceedings (adverse and settlement procedures). He also advises on internal and government investigations.
Before joining Arnold & Porter in 2021, Lukas was an associate at another major U.S. law firm in Brussels. Prior to that, he worked as a summer associate in a capital markets and derivatives department at an international law firm in London, and in a corporate and M&A department at a pan-Baltic legal boutique in Vilnius, Lithuania. He also worked as an in-house lawyer in the legal department of a medical devices distributor, where his work covered public procurement and antitrust issues.
While in law school, Lukas served as an associate editor for the Berkeley Technology Law Journal and earned the Berkeley Center for Law & Technology Certificate.
- Brussels Airlines in a codeshare agreement on Brussels-Lisbon route investigation conducted by the European Commission*
- Toshiba in a ‘gun jumping’ investigation conducted by the European Commission*
- Brose in a car parts investigation conducted by the European Commission*
- ELNA in a capacitors cartel investigation conducted by the European Commission*
- Shipping company in a maritime car carriers cartel investigation conducted by the European Commission and on cartel damages actions before the English courts*
- Investment company in a ‘no poach’ investigation conducted by the Department of Justice*
- Online social networking and media platform in privacy investigation conducted by the California's attorney general*
* Experience gained prior to Arnold & Porter
- M.Sc., Taxation, University of Oxford, Christ Church, 2022, Law Faculty Prize in Transfer Pricing
- LL.M., University of California, Berkeley, 2016, Best Written Brief Award
- LL.M., University College London, 2015
- LL.B., University of Exeter, 2014
- Brussels, Belgium (EU-list)
- New York
- Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales
- Roll of Solicitors in Ireland