Jonathan Stern is a trial lawyer with more than 30 years of experience. He has served as lead counsel in over forty jury trials, and he has experience representing companies and individuals in a broad range of litigation matters, including antitrust, products liability, commercial litigation, and consumer class action litigation. Mr. Stern also has substantial experience representing clients in state and federal government investigations in the areas of antitrust, product safety, and False Claims Act litigation.
Mr. Stern is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. He has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Washington DC's Super Lawyers, and Washington, DC's Best Lawyers. He has also been recognized in the Legal 500 (for Commercial Litigation, Antitrust Litigation, and Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense): "'An excellent trial lawyer,' clients say .... 'Aggressive and smart, he provides well-developed strategic arguments and an excellent all-around service,' observe clients."
Before entering private practice, Mr. Stern was Chief of the Trial Division at the District of Columbia Public Defender Service. He has served on the faculty of the Harvard Law School Trial Advocacy Workshop and the National Institute of Trial Advocacy. He has also served on the adjunct faculties of the Georgetown University Law Center, the George Washington University Law School, and the American University School of Public Affairs. Mr. Stern received his JD degree from the New York University School of Law, and following his graduation, he was awarded an E. Barrett Prettyman Fellowship at the Georgetown University Law Center, where he practiced and taught as a Fellow from 1983-1985.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1983
- B.A., Hamilton College, 1979, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Chief of the Trial Division, District of Columbia Public Defender Service