Laurent Thiry is a Belgian-qualified lawyer who focuses his practice on a wide range of issues under European competition law, including merger control and compliance matters, as well as state aid. He has experience across a variety of sectors such as energy and information technology.
Prior to joining the firm's Brussels team in 2019, Mr. Thiry worked at a leading Belgian law firm in Brussels, within the Energy and Transport department.
- Google/Fitbit: counsel to Fitbit in EU and other ex-US merger filings regarding its acquisition by Google, successfully concluding in Europe with data remedies after a Phase 2 review.
- LLM, European Competition and Intellectual Property Law, Université de Liège, 2019, summa cum laude
- LLM, European Law, Universiteit Leiden, 2014, cum laude
- Master in Law, Université catholique de Louvain, 2013, cum laude
- Bachelor in Law, Université catholique de Louvain, 2011, cum laude
- Brussels, Belgium