Erik Walsh focuses his practice on helping clients navigate the regulations affecting banking operations in the US. He also advises financial institution clients in enforcement-related matters before government agencies. He brings a wealth of experience to his practice, particularly with regard to Bank Secrecy Act/AML and sanctions compliance issues.
Mr. Walsh is a former Senior Counsel and Assistant Vice President in the Enforcement, Litigation, Police, Investigations & Corporate Affairs Division at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY). During his time there, he led enforcement investigations against financial institutions and employees, including significant matters involving violations of Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulations and FX market manipulation. He worked closely with federal, state and foreign regulators and enforcement authorities in several cross-border, multi-agency investigations including the Department of Justice, the New York State Department of Financial Services and the UK Financial Conduct Authority. Mr. Walsh also advised FRBNY's Supervision staff on compliance issues and remediation at supervised financial institutions.
Prior to the FRBNY, Mr. Walsh was an attorney at Arnold & Porter, where he focused on financial institution and securities litigation.
- JD, Boston University School of Law, 2004
- BA, State University of New York at Geneseo, 2001, cum laude
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Senior Counsel and Assistant Vice President; Enforcement, Litigation, Police, Investigations & Corporate Affairs Division; Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Member, Federal Bar Council