Bart Wasiak's practice focuses on representing sovereign States and private-sector clients in high-stakes international arbitration proceedings. To date, he has served as counsel in more than 20 investment-treaty arbitrations under the ICSID and UNCITRAL arbitration rules. He has advised clients in relation to a broad range of disputes, including in the energy, banking, mining and shipping sectors.
- Representing the Kingdom of Thailand in an ongoing UNCITRAL Rules arbitration relating to the mining sector.
- Representing the Czech Republic in an ongoing investment-treaty arbitration relating to the renewable energy sector.
- Representing the Republic of Korea in an ongoing ICSID arbitration relating to bank regulation and taxation matters.
- Representing the Czech Republic in an ongoing ad hoc arbitration under the Switzerland-Czech Republic Bilateral Investment Treaty.
- Representing the Republic of Bulgaria in an ongoing ICSID arbitration relating to electricity sectors.
International Arbitration (2022)
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- LLB, University of Nottingham and University of Texas
- England and Wales
- New York
- Vice-Chair (Policy), International Arbitration Committee, American Bar Association (ABA) International Law Section
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Member, CEDR Investor-State Mediation Practitioner Advisory Group
- Member, American Society of International Law (ASIL)
- Member, International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)