Bart Wasiak's practice focuses on representing sovereign States and private-sector clients in international arbitration proceedings. To date, Mr. Wasiak has served as counsel in more than 15 investment-treaty arbitrations under the ICSID and UNCITRAL arbitration rules, as well as ad hoc arbitrations. He has advised clients in relation to a broad range of disputes, including in the energy, banking, mining and shipping sectors.
- Representing the Kingdom of Thailand in an ongoing UNCITRAL Rules arbitration relating to the mining sector.
- Representing the Czech Republic in five ongoing investment-treaty arbitrations relating to the renewable energy sector.
- Representing the Republic of Korea in an ongoing ICSID arbitration relating to bank regulation and taxation matters.
- Representing the Czech Republic in an ongoing ad hoc arbitration under the Switzerland-Czech Republic Bilateral Investment Treaty.
- Representing the Republic of Bulgaria in two ongoing ICSID arbitrations relating to, respectively, the banking and energy sectors.
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- LLB, University of Nottingham and University of Texas
- England and Wales
- New York
- International Academy for Arbitration Law (Certificate)
- Foundation for International Arbitration Advocacy (Certificate)