Bart Wasiak's practice focuses on representing sovereign States and private-sector clients in high-stakes international arbitration proceedings. To date, he has served as counsel in more than 15 investment-treaty arbitrations under the ICSID and UNCITRAL arbitration rules, as well as in ad hoc proceedings. He has advised clients in relation to a broad range of disputes, including in the energy, banking, mining and shipping sectors.
- Representing the Kingdom of Thailand in an ongoing UNCITRAL Rules arbitration relating to the mining sector.
- Representing the Czech Republic in an ongoing investment-treaty arbitration relating to the renewable energy sector.
- Representing the Republic of Korea in an ongoing ICSID arbitration relating to bank regulation and taxation matters.
- Representing the Czech Republic in an ongoing ad hoc arbitration under the Switzerland-Czech Republic Bilateral Investment Treaty.
- Representing the Republic of Bulgaria in an ongoing ICSID arbitration relating to electricity sectors.
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- LLB, University of Nottingham and University of Texas
- England and Wales
- New York
- Organising Committee Member, American Bar Association International Arbitration Skills Masterclass
- Remote Oral Advocacy Programme (ROAP)
- International Academy for Arbitration Law (Certificate)
- Foundation for International Arbitration Advocacy (Certificate)