Melissa Weberman focuses on complex litigation and investigations and compliance. Ms. Weberman has litigated a range of matters in federal and state courts, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings. She manages all aspects of litigation from drafting pleadings to serving as first chair at trial, including managing all parts of fact and expert discovery, drafting and arguing motions, presenting evidence at trial and evidentiary hearings, and negotiating settlements.
She also represents companies in government and internal investigations. She helps clients prioritize investigative goals, responds to government subpoenas and requests, interviews company executives and employees, reports progress to government agencies and the client, advises clients on the implementation of remediation steps and compliance recommendations, and drafts investigative and audit reports.
Ms. Weberman maintains an active pro bono practice where she focuses on housing and discrimination issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Weberman was a law clerk to the Honorable Charles R. Wilson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. She was also an associate in the New York office of another international law firm.
Ms. Weberman graduated with honors from Emory University School of Law, where she served as Managing Editor for the law review and was elected to the Order of the Coif. She was also a Dean's Teaching Fellow.
- Represent a telecommunications company in obtaining regulatory approvals from the Department of Justice and Federal Communications Commission for acquisitions of media and telecommunications companies.
- Conducted an investigation of a vehicle dealership network in response to a Securities and Exchange Commission whistleblower complaint alleging financial and other frauds.
- Conducted a worldwide audit for an aerospace and defense company, investigating its compliance with its export control compliance program.
- JD, Emory University School of Law, 2008, with honors
- BA, University of Virginia, 2003, with distinction
- District of Columbia
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, The Honorable Charles R. Wilson
- Member, DC Bar Foundation's Young Lawyers Network Leadership Council