Ryan White’s practice encompasses a wide array of white collar criminal defense, internal and government investigations, and complex commercial litigation matters. In addition to counseling clients on issues related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and False Claims Act (FCA), he has particular experience helping clients navigate the developing regulatory frameworks governing cannabis at the state and federal levels. He represents both individual clients and companies across a range of established industries, including financial services, life sciences, and government contracts. Ryan also maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing criminal defendants in D.C. Superior Court.
Ryan graduated summa cum laude from Syracuse University College of Law, where he received a Certificate of Advanced Study In National Security and Counterterrorism Law. He was Lead Articles Editor for the Syracuse Law Review, a Student Attorney in the Veterans Legal Clinic, and a Research Assistant to Professor William C. Snyder at the Institute for National Security and Counterterrorism. While at Syracuse, Ryan also received a Master of Public Administration from the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs. During law school, he served as a Law Clerk at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of New York. Prior to law school, Ryan served twice as an intern with Homeland Security Investigations.
- Major defense nonprofit organization in a FCA investigation, including DCIS and CID subpoenas, arising out of alleged unallowable costs charged to government contracts (plus substantial penalties alleged for expressly unallowable costs) in a Defense Contract Audit Agency audit report. Successfully represented the client throughout the investigation and settled with the U.S. Attorney on a non-FCA basis for an amount that was a fraction of the unallowable costs alleged.
- Individual in FCPA and money-laundering investigation by DOJ.
- Government contractor in FCA investigation by DOJ, Defense Criminal Investigative Service, and Naval Criminal Investigative Service related to research and development contracts.
- Financial services company in internal investigation regarding potential liability under U.S. criminal and securities laws, including the FCPA, and ongoing compliance counseling.
- Government contractor in FCA investigation by DOJ and Army Criminal Investigation Command related to security and munitions response services provided in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Individual in FCPA investigation by DOJ Fraud Section.
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 2018, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
- M.P.A., Maxwell School of Syracuse University, 2018
- B.A., Wesleyan University, 2013
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia