Thomas Yadlon represents clients in corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, dispositions, joint ventures, recapitalizations, restructurings, equity and debt offerings, and liquidations. He also counsels clients on corporate governance matters, securities laws matters, and commercial agreements.
Mr. Yadlon's clients include publicly and privately held companies, private equity sponsors, start-ups, financial institutions, and serial entrepreneurs. Tom has extensive experience in handling transactions in a variety of industries, including consumer products, retail, industrials, services, insurance and insurance brokerage, private aviation, defense, and life sciences. He also has substantial experience in the formation and organization of celebrity spirits joint ventures.
Tom is co-head of the firm's Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
- Onex Corporation, in its acquisition of USI Insurance Services LLC from a private fund managed by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. for $2.3 billion, and the subsequent sale to an affiliate of KKR & Co. L.P. and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec for an enterprise value of $4.3 billion.
- WheelsUp, a leading brand in private aviation in:
- its combination with Aspirational Consumer Lifestyle Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, at an equity valuation in excess of $1.5 billion.
- its acquisition of Delta Private Jets from Delta Air Lines, and in its related strategic marketing agreement partnership with Delta.
- Tequila Avión, an ultra premium tequila brand, in its agreement with Pernod Ricard, the world's co-leader in spirits and wines, granting exclusive global distribution rights to Pernod Ricard, and its sale of a majority stake in the Avión Spirits LLC joint venture to Pernod Ricard USA.
- Novartis, in the acquisition of Admune Therapeutics, a clinical stage biotechnology company.
- SAFRAN, in its acquisition of a majority stake in GE Homeland Protection Inc., a leader in tomography-based detection systems for hazardous or illicit substances in baggage, for approximately $580 million.
- Prospect Hill Growth Partners (f/k/a J.W. Childs Equity Partners) and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity, in the acquisition of Advantage Sales & Marketing Inc. (ASM) for approximately $1.05 billion, and the subsequent sale to Apax Partners for $1.8 billion.
- USI Insurance Services, a world leader in risk management, employee benefit and retirement consulting, in its acquisition of Associated Financial Group from Associated Bank, a subsidiary of Associated Banc-Corp.
- Hylan Datacom & Electrical, a leading provider of datacom, electrical contracting, lighting and electrical maintenance and utility construction services, in its sale to private equity investors.
- Onex Corporation in the acquisition of The Warranty Group, Inc., a leading global provider of warranty solutions and related programs, for $710 million, and the subsequent sale to private equity firm TPG for an enterprise value of approximately $1.5 billion.
- Novartis in its acquisition of CoStim Pharmaceuticals Inc., a Cambridge, MA-based, privately held biotechnology company focused on harnessing the immune system to eliminate immune-blocking signals from cancer.
- GSC Group, an investment manager that managed a diverse portfolio of private equity, mezzanine loan, and distressed funds and CLO/CDOs in the U.S. and Europe and had $28 billion of assets under management at its peak, in the sale of its assets under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code and other corporate matters in its Chapter 11 case.
"Notable Practitioner" — Capital Markets: Debt (USA) (2019-2023)
"Notable Practitioner" — Capital Markets: Equity (USA) (2019-2023)
M&A/Corporate and Commercial: Private Equity Buyouts (2016)
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1998
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Rutgers University, 1995
- New York