Tom Yadlon focuses on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, equity and debt offerings, and liquidations in- and out-of-bankruptcy. Mr. Yadlon also counsels clients on general corporate matters, including governance and securities laws compliance. He represents a variety of US and international companies, including private equity sponsors, financial institutions, and publicly and privately held companies in various industries.
Mr. Yadlon has substantial experience in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a wide variety of transactions, including leveraged acquisitions, recapitalizations, mergers, strategic investments, restructurings, and dispositions.
- American Securities in the acquisition of SeaStar Solutions, the leading manufacturer of precision-engineered vessel control systems and other specialized applications in marine and industrial-end markets, from an affiliate of H.I.G. Capital, LLC., and the subsequent sale to Dometic Group for $875 million (we represented American Securities and SeaStar).
- Onex Corporation in its acquisition of USI Insurance Services LLC from a private fund managed by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. for $2.3 billion, and the subsequent sale to an affiliate of KKR & Co. L.P. and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec for an enterprise value of $4.3 billion.
- American Securities in the sale of portfolio company Robertson Fuel Systems LLC, a leading producer of auxiliary fuel systems for military rotorcraft, to HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp. for $255 million.
- Fremont Private Holdings in a strategic equity investment in PD Instore, a leading retail environment design and manufacturing company.
- Novartis in the acquisition of Admune Therapeutics, a clinical stage biotechnology company, broadening Novartis' immune-oncology pipeline.
- Wheels Up in its placement of a $1.4 billion order with newly reorganized Beechcraft Corp., formerly Hawker Beechcraft. As part of the contract, Beechcraft Corp. will build up to 105 King Air 350i aircraft, valued at $788 million, and will serve as the comprehensive maintenance provider for Wheels Up in North America and Western Europe, valued at $600 million. Also advised Wheels Up in exercising its first option to purchase an additional 35 King Air 350i turboprop aircraft, and in a new capital round of up to $115 million.
- Novartis on a significant multiyear alliance with California-based Aduro Biotech focused on developing next generation cancer immunotherapies targeting the Stimulator of Interferon Genes (STING) pathway for an upfront payment of $200 million and an equity investment of $50 million.
- Tequila Avión, an ultra premium tequila brand, in its agreement with Pernod Ricard, the world's co-leader in spirits and wines, granting exclusive global distribution rights to Pernod Ricard, and its sale of a majority stake in the Avión Spirits LLC joint venture to Pernod Ricard USA.
- Onex Corporation in the acquisition of The Warranty Group, Inc., a leading global provider of warranty solutions and related programs, for $710 million, and the subsequent sale to private equity firm TPG for an enterprise value of approximately $1.5 billion.
- Novartis in its acquisition of CoStim Pharmaceuticals Inc., a Cambridge, MA-based, privately held biotechnology company focused on harnessing the immune system to eliminate immune-blocking signals from cancer.
- American Securities and its portfolio company, The United Distribution Group Inc., in the acquisition of GHX Holdings, LLC, a leading distributor of industrial fluid transfer and sealing solutions, forming one of the largest energy focused industrial distribution and service-related companies in North America.
- American Securities in its acquisition of Unifrax, the leading global manufacturer of high-temperature insulating fiber products.
- GSC Group, an investment manager that managed a diverse portfolio of private equity, mezzanine loan, and distressed funds and CLO/CDOs in the US and Europe and had $28 billion of assets under management at its peak, in the sale of its assets under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code and other corporate matters in its Chapter 11 case.
- J.W. Childs Associates and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity in the acquisition of Advantage Sales & Marketing Inc. (ASM) for approximately $1.05 billion, and the subsequent sale to Apax Partners for $1.8 billion.
- Onex Corporation and its affiliates in their investment of $871 million in JELD-WEN, a leading manufacturer of residential and light commercial interior and exterior doors, windows, and related products.
"Notable Practitioner" – Capital Markets: Debt (US) (2019-2022)
"Notable Practitioner" – Capital Markets: Equity (US) (2019-2022)
M&A/Corporate and Commercial: Private Equity Buyouts (2016)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 1998
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Rutgers University, 1995
- New York