Ambassador Miomir Žužul provides strategic counsel to clients on a wide range of foreign policy issues, including global political and economic matters, North Atlantic Trade Organization (NATO) and European Union activities, and issues at the intersection of business and government.
Prior to joining the firm, Ambassador Žužul was a Senior International Affairs Advisor at another international law firm. Before that, he served the Republic of Croatia as the country's Minister of Foreign Affairs and a Member of Parliament, as well as Croatia's Ambassador to the United Nations, the US, Organization of American States, and the United Mexican States. In 1992, he was appointed as the first National Security Advisor in Croatia, and in 1995 was appointed Special Envoy for peace talks. In that role, he led negotiations with the international community and participated in Croatian negotiating efforts to the Dayton Peace Accords. During that time, he also served as head of Croatia's Committee for Foreign Policy and International Relations.
Ambassador Žužul has also been a professor and head of the Department on Developmental Psychology and Vice-Dean at the University of Zagreb. In 2000, he spent a year as a Visiting Professor at the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton University. In 2006, he founded and led the first private and international university in Croatia. Ambassador Žužul has taught and lectured at several universities across the US, Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Ambassador Žužul served as the President and Strategic Consultant to Four Corners Global Consulting, and the Director of European Business Development for Livingston/Moffett Global Consultants. He has authored three books and published a number of papers and articles, primarily focused on NATO, the Dayton Accords, international conflict and negotiation, and the EU.
- National Security Executive Education Program, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
- PhD, University of Zagreb
- MS, University of Zagreb
- BA, University of Zagreb
- *Not admitted to the practice of law
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and Member of Parliament, Republic of Croatia
- National Security Advisor, Republic of Croatia
Croatian Ambassador to the United Nations, the United States, Organization of American States, and the United Mexican States
- Founder and President, Dubrovnik International University (2006-2013)
- President, Supervisory Board, Croatia Airlines (2004-2011)
- Member, Supervisory Board, Croatian Postal Service (2008-2011)
- Member, Panel of Eminent Persons, Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) (2005-2006)
- Council of Advisors, Host Committee Members, NATO Prague Summit (2002)
- President of the Board, Leadership Forum International (2001-2003)
- Member, Supervisory Board, Pliva Pharmaceuticals (1996-1999)
- Founder and Board Member, University of Zagreb Institute for Applied Social Sciences Ivo Pilar (1992-1994)