Bankruptcy 2007: Views from the Bench
ABI and The Georgetown University Law Center for Bankruptcy 2007: Views from the Bench and earn 7.0 CLE Credits, Including 1.0 hour Ethics. Timely topics include:
- Distressed Debt and Related Issues: Disclosure of purchase price; rights offerings; make-whole provisions; pension, health and medical claims.
- Trade Creditor Issues: Reclamation, Critical Vendors, Section 503(b)(9) Administrative Expenses and How the Interests of Trade Creditors may be Affected by Increased Tranching of Debt and the Rise of Nontraditional Bankruptcy Participants.
- Sales and Executory Contracts: Bidding procedures; use of findings (a.k.a. "how the 'whereas' clauses define the deal"); carve-outs; sales free and clear of successor liability claims.
- Early Case Motions: First-day orders; KERPs; critical vendors.
- Inter-debtor and Inter-creditor Issues: Inter-company claims; substantive consolidation; conflicts; settlement and dispute-resolution techniques; role of ad hoc committees.
- Ethics: Disclosure & disinterestedness; carve-outs; disgorgement of professional fees; and the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Confirmation and Plan Issues: "Gift" plans and carve-outs; rights offerings; subordination provisions; disguised substantive consolidation; § 1123 settlements in the plan; voting issues; motions to designate.
For additional information and to register online click here.