IP/Technology Year in Review and Forecast: Protecting Your Company's IP Position
With the rapidly evolving case law it may be challenging to ensure your company's intellectual property rights are protected. Please join us as we discuss the implications of significant cases from the past year, and help you anticipate trends for 2014.
Given the breadth of the landscape, our Los Angeles and San Francisco intellectual property lawyers will focus one program on patent law, and the other will be dedicated to copyright, trademark, and trade secret law.
Our experienced panel will review the significant cases and legal developments over the last year, including:
We will analyze the impact and implementation of recent significant Supreme Court and Federal Circuit decisions, including:
- patent eligibility for isolated DNA and cDNA (Myriad),
- burden of proof in declaratory judgment actions (MedImmune),
- bifurcation of damages from liability (Bosch),
- finality of judgment (Fresenius), and
- standards for joint indirect infringement (Limelight).
There is no video for this event.