Fundamentals of Broker-Dealer Regulation 2015
Major changes in broker-dealer industry and regulatory framework continue as a result of the financial services crisis, the resulting regulatory reform and other trends and developments. At the same time, FINRA’s rewrite of its Rulebook as part of its Rulebook Consolidation process is almost complete, and broker-dealers became subject to FINRA’s new supervision rules in December 2014. Moreover, FINRA has recently initiated a retrospective review of its rules. This program will provide attendees with a solid foundation in the regulatory regime applying to broker-dealers, including what to expect next regarding broker-dealer regulation. Attendees will learn how the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, FINRA rules and state securities laws interact in governing the brokerage industry, and much more.
A distinguished faculty will offer insights into recent rulemaking that is having a far-reaching impact on the day-to-day operations of firms.
What You Will Learn
- Who are the regulators and how do they interact?
- What is entailed with respect to the duty to supervise?
- What steps need to be taken in response to the SEC’s and FINRA’s focus on Conflicts?
- What is “suitability”?
- What do the new FINRA new supervision rules entail?
- What is the role of the chief compliance officer?
- How do the SEC and FINRA conduct inspections?