David Freeman is head of the firm's Financial Services practice group. He represents financial institutions, investment managers, and broker-dealers on banking and securities regulatory issues, legislation, mergers and acquisitions, private investment funds, and new product development and documentation. As part of his practice, Mr. Freeman advises domestic and foreign banks, investment management firms, and broker-dealers on compliance with state and federal banking and securities laws, federal commodities laws, and SRO rules.
- Developing and documenting bank deposit products and broker sweep arrangements.
- Negotiating financial vendor services agreements.
- Development of investment advisory, custody and client services form agreements.
- Creation and operation of private investment funds, common trust funds and collective funds.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 1987
- MBA, University of Virginia, 1987
- BA, University of Virginia, 1981
- District of Columbia
- Board of Advisors, UNC School of Law, Center for Banking & Finance