Looming EU GDPR Requirements: What Life Sciences Companies Must Do to Ensure Compliance
12:00–2:00 pm ET
Taking effect on May 25, the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a significant change to the EU's current data protection regime, with regulators poised to impose much heavier fines for noncompliance—in the most serious cases as high as €20m or four percent of worldwide turnover.
Many US life sciences companies, even those without a European presence, will be directly affected and need to take steps in very short order to comply with GDPR requirements applicable to many aspects of their business.
Hosted by Arnold & Porter's European Data Privacy team, this webinar details how life will differ under GDPR; the new legislation's impact on your business (even if you have no presence in the EU); the key issues that in-house lawyers, compliance officers, HR professionals, and other stakeholders should know; and the practical steps that life sciences businesses can take now to adhere to the new regulation.
- Overview of the GDPR: what it covers and how it applies to life sciences companies
- Update on the latest guidance and other developments in the run-up to implementation
- Key considerations for US life sciences companies:
- Operating clinical trials in the EU
- Using health data from EU patients
- Engaging with healthcare professionals in the EU
- Marketing to, and engaging with, EU patients
- Processing European employee data in line with GDPR
- Incorporating discovery/disclosure of EU personal data in US legal proceedings
- Interacting with EU life sciences regulatory regime
- Other hot topics and open issues