Best Lawyers in America 2021 Recognizes 149 Arnold & Porter Attorneys, Names Seven as 'Lawyers of the Year' and 47 as 'Ones to Watch'
The 2021 edition of Best Lawyers in America recognized 149 Arnold & Porter attorneys in more than 50 practice areas. Best Lawyers is a peer-reviewed survey in which attorneys cast votes on the legal capabilities of other lawyers in their practice areas.
The guide also included its inaugural "Ones to Watch" list, which recognizes attorneys who are 5-9 years into their careers. The new supplement included 47 Arnold & Porter attorneys for their "outstanding professional excellence in private practice."
Best Lawyers also named seven Arnold & Porter attorneys "Lawyers of the Year," an annual recognition presented to one "outstanding lawyer" per practice area and metropolitan area.
The Arnold & Porter "Lawyers of the Year" are:
- John Elwood—Appellate Practice
- Michael Goodwin—Leisure and Hospitality Law
- Joel Gross—Environmental Law
- Susan Hendrickson—Technology Law
- Ronald Johnston—Information Technology Law
- Ronald Levine II —Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Edward McTiernan—Environmental Law