Our leasing attorneys:
- supply deep market knowledge and industry connections when representing owners and tenants in leasing transactions throughout the US;
- negotiate and draft agreements to protect our clients' interests but also to achieve a resolution as soon as practically possible, giving emphasis on clear drafting, reflecting the deal points reached by the parties, and prompt turnaround of documents;
- work on single as well as ongoing portfolio projects from a few thousand square feet to over 400,000 square feet, closing leases totaling millions of square feet each year;
- are versed in the leasing of office, retail, biotech, industrial, restaurant, agricultural, vineyard, and other categories of real estate;
- provide advice for GSA leases and related financing, build-to-suits, ground leases, air rights leases, and other complex occupancy arrangements;
- shepherd large companies in securing new headquarters, negotiating brokerage, design and construction contracts, and transferring real estate related to the sale of business units; and
- assist clients in connection with lease workouts, terminations, and bankruptcy issues.
Our leasing attorneys provide our clients with practical, market-oriented, and sophisticated advice concerning all facets of leasing.
Assisted landlord, as co-counsel, in negotiating a full building lease with WeWork, a shared workspace provider, for a new trophy office building on the site of a former YMCA in Washington, DC.
Advised landlord in connection with a 300,000 square foot office lease to Leidos, Inc. in the Rio Washingtonian project (Gaithersburg, Maryland), including a sublease to the current occupant (Marriott) for several years pending the completion of such subtenant’s headquarters.
Represented law firm in negotiating a 290,000 square foot anchor law firm lease for its office relocation to The Wharf district in Washington, DC.
Negotiated the lease of approximately 204,000 square feet of above grade office space in the central business district of Washington, DC to Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP.
Negotiated a development and lease transaction for a flagship store of a Fortune 100 technology company in a historically designated building.