Anna Cardoso advises life science, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and healthcare companies on a wide range of transactional, operational, and general corporate matters, including industry specific transactional matters. She has a broad range of experience on life science transactions, including drafting and negotiating licenses, collaboration agreements, clinical trial agreements, CRO agreements, services agreements, material and technology transfer agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, distribution agreements, and confidentiality agreements. Ms. Cardoso also represents clients on matters relating to entity formation, corporate governance, venture financings, and mergers and acquisitions.
During law school, Ms. Cardoso was on the American Journal of Law and Medicine, serving as Special Projects Editor, and she also was the inaugural Boston Bar Foundation Diversity and Inclusion Fellow.
- Transactions counsel to AcuraStem, a California biotech, in connection with its exclusive, worldwide license agreement with Takeda for its PIKFYVE program. If the agreed upon clinical, regulatory, and commercial milestones are met, AcuraStem will receive a total of US$580 million from Takeda in upfront and milestone payments. AcuraStem will also receive tiered royalties on any net sales.*
- Leading horizontal platform for cell programming in its acquisition of adenovirus capsid discovery and engineering platform assets.*
- Leading synthetic biology company on a metagenomic sequence database for a specified number of projects, up to $406 million.*
- Leading synthetic biology company on a collaboration agreement worth up to $114 million in milestone payments to engineer enzymes for use as biocatalysts in a large pharmaceutical company's API manufacturing efforts.*
- Leading South Korea-based pharmaceutical company in multiple transactions, including an exclusive licensing agreement for a first-in-class PRS inhibitor in the Greater China region.*
- Large food company in a Series C financing.*
*Reflects experience at previous employer.
- J.D., Risk Management and Compliance, Boston University School of Law, 2021
- B.A., History/Peace and Conflict Studies, University of California, Berkeley, 2018