Lowell Dashefsky is co-head of each of the firm's Private Equity and Life Sciences Transactions practices. He has a broad-based transactional practice with extensive experience in structuring and negotiating mergers, acquisitions, private equity investments, divestments, joint ventures, strategic alliances, venture capital financings, and license and collaboration arrangements. He also has experience in public and private securities offerings, and regularly advises companies of various sizes on day-to-day general corporate and other transactional matters.
Mr. Dashefsky represents a variety of multi-national corporations and private companies in various industries, most notably, the private equity and life science/healthcare industries.
- Pfizer Inc. in various acquisitions, investments, dispositions, and licensings, including its acquisition of Therachon Holding AG (a privately held clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on rare diseases); an equity investment in, along with the option to acquire, Vivet Therapeutics (a gene therapy company focused on treatments for inherited liver disorders); the formation of Cerevel Therapeutics (a new biopharmaceutical company focused on developing drug candidates to treat central nervous system disorders) with Bain Capital whereby Pfizer contributed a portfolio of pre-commercial neuroscience assets to Cerevel in return for a 25% equity position in the company, while Bain Capital committed $350 million with the ability to provide additional capital; its acquisition of Bamboo Therapeutics Inc. (a biotechnology company focused on developing gene therapies for the treatment of patients with certain rare diseases); the sale of assets related to the treatment of cognitive impairment associated with schizophrenia (CIAS) to Biogen; its acquisition and subsequent sale of InnoPharma (a sterile product development company); its acquisition of NextWave Pharmaceuticals (a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development of products for the treatment of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and related central nervous system (CNS) disorders); an exclusive collaboration with Beam Therapeutics Inc. focused on in vivo base editing programs for three targets for rare genetic diseases of the liver, muscle and central nervous system; a worldwide exclusive licensing agreement with Akcea Therapeutics for AKCEA-ANGPTL3-LRx, an investigational antisense therapy being developed to treat patients with certain cardiovascular and metabolic diseases; and a worldwide licensing agreement with OPKO Health, granting Pfizer exclusive rights to develop and commercialize OPKO's long-acting human growth hormone for the treatment of growth hormone deficiency in adults and children.
- Harbour Point Capital in various acquisitions and investments, including its investments in Aligned Modern Health (a provider of retail-based health and wellness services), Oak Street Health (a population health business operating primary care clinics focused on Medicare beneficiaries), AdvantageCare Rehabilitation and its affiliated companies (providers of rehabilitation, home care and healthcare consulting services), InSight Telepsychiatry (a leading national telepsychiatry services provider), InSight Telepsychiatry in its merger with telehealth and telepsychiatry provider Regroup Therapy to form Array Behavioral Care, and Midwest Medical Transport Company (a provider of interfacility transportation for large and mid-sized healthcare systems, critical access hospitals, and long-term care providers).
- Fresenius Kabi in its acquisition of Ivenix Inc., a venture-backed smart infusion pump developer.
- Pharmavite, the makers of Nature Made® vitamins and supplements, in various acquisitions, including its acquisition of Uqora, a company focused on female urinary tract health through non-antibiotic products and platforms.
- Virtuoso Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, on its combination with Wejo Limited to take the UK-based leader in connected vehicle data public in an equity value deal of approximately $1.1 billion.
- Ingersoll-Rand plc in its acquisition of GPSI Holdings, a leading provider of telematics solutions, from Falconhead Capital.
- Pharmacosmos A/S in the acquisition of Abfero Pharmaceuticals, a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company dedicated to treating diseases of iron overload.
- Insmed Incorporated in its acquisition of the Occulo family of companies, including Occulo Bio, Lyticon and substantially all of the assets of Stealth Biologics including their platform for the development of stable, active and immunotolerant therapeutic candidates.
- American Securities in various acquisitions, investments, and dispositions, including its acquisition of Learning Care Group (US) Inc. (a provider of early education and child care services), Frontier Spinning Mills Holding Corp. (a leading producer of cotton yarn for the knitting and weaving industries), and Global Tel*Link Corporation (a leading provider of telecommunications services to correctional facilities in the US), as well as its sale of NEP Broadcasting (a leading provider of outsourced teleproduction services for live sports and entertainment events) and Weasler Engineering Inc. (an agricultural, lawn and turf, and industrial machine drivetrain components maker).
- EQT Mid Market US in its acquisition of Dorner Holding Corporation, a leading global provider of purpose-built, high-quality precision conveyor systems.
- ACI Capital in a number of transactions, including the sale of Healthy Directions, a US market leader in premium doctor-branded vitamins, minerals and supplements, as well as other health products sold directly to consumers.
- Novartis in the sale of global rights to manufacture, market, and commercialize Elidel® (pimecrolimus) Cream 1% for an upfront payment of $420 million.
- Arlington Capital Partners in a number of investments, including in Compusearch Systems, Inc., a developer of enterprise software for government agencies.
- J.W. Childs in a number of transactions, including its acquisition and sale of Advantage Sales & Marketing Inc., and its acquisition and sale of EmployBridge Holding Company Inc.
Capital Markets: Debt & Equity (US) (2014)
"Life Science Star"—Mergers and Acquisitions (2019–2022)
"Life Science Star"—Venture Capital (2021–2022)
M&A/Corporate and Commercial—M&A: Middle-Market (sub-$500 million) (2013, 2019)
Private Equity Buyout (2017)
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1997
- B.S., Union College, 1993, cum laude
- New York