Edward Deibert is co-head of the firm's M&A practice and has broad experience representing companies, private equity firms, venture capital funds, investment banks and individuals in a variety of transactions and matters. He represents clients in a number of industries, including the financial services, semiconductor, technology, consumer products, and hospitality industries.
Mr. Deibert's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, and he has been involved in numerous transactions buying and selling privately held and publicly traded businesses. His experience also includes representing companies, investors, and investment banks in venture capital financings, securities offerings, and other financing transactions.
- Resolute Energy Corporation in its $1.6 billion merger with Cimarex Energy Co.
- First Republic Bank, a San Francisco-based private bank and wealth management company, in its acquisition of Luminous Capital, a leading independent wealth advisor.
- Premier Nutrition Corporation, a developer and distributor of specialty sports nutrition products and dietary supplements, in its US$180 million acquisition by Post Holdings, Inc.
- The Charles Schwab Corporation in the US$3.3 billion sale of US Trust Corporation to Bank of America.
- Tanimura & Antle Inc., the country's largest producer of lettuce, in its acquisition of Plant Tape Altea SL, a Spanish-based farming equipment manufacturer, including its significant patent portfolio related to the development of new planting technology.
- Renesas Electronics America Inc., and its Japanese parent, Renesas Electronics Corporation, one of the world's largest makers of semiconductor systems, in the sale of its Roseville, CA semiconductor wafer fabrication facility to Heilbronn, Germany-based Telefunken Semiconductors International LLC.
- CleanPart International, a semiconductor manufacturing services company, in connection with a series of acquisitions of competing services companies throughout the United States.
- TigerLogic Corporation, a publicly traded mobile applications developer, in connection with the acquisition of StoryCode Inc., and the sale of assets to Rocket Software Inc.
- QuinStreet Inc., a publicly traded online marketing company, in a series of transactions including the acquisition of the publicly traded Insure.com, through an asset acquisition, and the Internet.com brand from WebMediaBrands Inc.
- Palmsource Inc., the publicly traded owner of the Palm OS, in its acquisition by ACCESS Co. Ltd.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 1995
- BA, Duke University, 1991, magna cum laude
- US District Court, Central District of California, The Honorable Alicemarie H. Stotler
American Bar Association, Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions: Chair, Task Force for the revision of the Model Asset Purchase Agreement; Subcommittee on Acquisitions of Public Companies; Editorial Board Member for the Model Agreement for Acquisition of a Public Company; and M&A Market Trends Sub-committee, participant in public and private deal points study
Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
Member, State Bar of California
Corporations Committee of the California State Bar Business Law Section (Co-Chair, 2009-2010; Vice-Chair, 2007-2009)