Jay Ewart represents clients in government merger reviews and civil antitrust litigation, and also advises across the spectrum of competition issues.
Mr. Ewart represents clients in government merger investigations, advising them on transactional risks and Hart-Scott-Rodino Act obligations. He manages all aspects of antitrust-related issues in connection with obtaining regulatory approval. He represents clients before the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission, including Roche/Genentech, AT&T Inc., Nucor Corporation, and Andreessen Horowitz.
In addition to his merger review practice, Mr. Ewart advises clients on a wide array of antitrust issues, including pricing/discounting, monopolization and competitor collaborations.
As an associate, Jay served as temporary in-house competition counsel for General Electric.
- General Electric in connection with a variety of acquisitions, joint ventures, and antitrust counseling matters.
- Nucor Corporation in connection with antitrust litigations and merger reviews, including litigating In re: Steel Antitrust Litigation, Nucor’s US$675 million acquisition of Skyline Steel, Nucor’s formation of joint venture NuMit LLC, and Nucor’s US$770 million acquisition of Gallatin Steel Company.
- American Capital, Ltd., a publicly-traded private equity firm, in connection with a variety of acquisitions and dispositions of portfolio companies from 2005-present.
- JD, with high honors, Emory University School of Law, 2003, Order of the Coif
- BA, cum laude, George Washington University, 1998
- District of Columbia