Jay Ewart's practice has included representing clients in government merger reviews, litigating civil antitrust cases, and counseling clients on competition issues related to the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act, the Robinson-Patman Act, the Clayton Act, and the Sherman Act.
- General Electric in connection with a variety of acquisitions, joint ventures, and antitrust counseling matters.
- Nucor Corporation in connection with antitrust litigations and merger reviews, including litigating In re: Steel Antitrust Litigation, Nucor’s US$675 million acquisition of Skyline Steel, Nucor’s formation of joint venture NuMit LLC, and Nucor’s US$770 million acquisition of Gallatin Steel Company.
- American Capital, Ltd., a publicly-traded private equity firm, in connection with a variety of acquisitions and dispositions of portfolio companies from 2005-present.
- JD, Emory University School of Law, 2003, with high honors, Order of the Coif
- BA, George Washington University, 1998, cum laude
- District of Columbia