Ellen Kaye Fleishhacker is a member of the firm's Management Committee and co-head of the firm's Investment Management practice.
Her practice focuses on investment management related matters, including formation, compliance and transactional matters of real estate, hedge, venture, private equity, and impact investment funds. She also represents advisory firms and financial institutions on matters associated with their investment management and related operations. In addition, Ms. Fleishhacker works with investors on structuring and negotiating potential investments in private funds, separate accounts, joint ventures, real estate partnerships, and other investment vehicles.
Ms. Fleishhacker has lectured and written frequently on various investment management related topics, including the legal and regulatory issues related to the allocation of fees and expenses by private investment funds and private equity secondary-transactions. Ms. Fleishhacker is also the co-author of a book on limited liability companies.
Ms. Fleishhacker is also co-chair of the firm's Hiring Committee.
- Full Service Wealth Advisory Firm in regulatory and transactional matters related to the Investment Advisers Act, formation of a complex of proprietary funds, structuring and governing documentation of adviser itself, investment management agreements, and merger and acquisition matters.
- Impact Investment Advisory Firm in regulatory and compliance advice, representation regarding private funds, documentation of investment management agreements, preparations of governing documents of firm and structuring matters.
- Asset Management Firm in the preparation of sub-advisory and investment advisory agreements, and regulatory advice related to the Investment Advisers Act, the Securities Act and other securities laws.
- JD, University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
- MBA, University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business
- BA, University of California, Berkeley, with high honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Member, Family Office Subcommittee of the Institutional Investors Committee of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association
Member, American Bar Association
Member, California Bar Association
Former Adjunct Lecturer, Golden Gate University Graduate School of Business Administration
Former Member, Board of Directors of Reading Partners
Former Member, Board of Trustees of the University of California, San Francisco OB/GYN Foundation
Former Member, Board of Directors of Urban Service Project, San Francisco
- Member, Board of Directors, Congregation Emanu-El