Valentina Garzon's practice focuses on cross-border corporate and financial transactions. She has experience in international capital markets transactions, including the representation of sovereign, multilateral, and corporate issuers in SEC-registered and exempt offerings (including Section 4(a)(2) private placements and offerings pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S) and listings on the New York, London, and Luxembourg Stock Exchanges. She also assists clients with securities law compliance and corporate governance, including preparing periodic Exchange Act filings and advising on related disclosure matters.
Additionally, Valentina advises clients on intellectual property and commercial transactions, including the negotiation and drafting of licensing agreements and collaborations.
Valentina graduated from Yale Law School, where she was a Senior Editor for the Yale Journal of International Law, a board member of the Yale Law and Business Society, and a Co-Director of the Arbitration and Administrative Law Project.
- The Republic of Colombia in connection with its SEC-registered security issuances and liability management transactions.
- The Republic of Panama in connection with its SEC-registered security issuances and liability management transactions.
- The Charles Schwab Corporation in connection with its issuances of Senior Notes and preferred stock.
- The Republic of Costa Rica in connection with its issuance of $1.5 billion of its 6.550% Notes due 2034.
- The Federative Republic of Brazil in connection with its SEC-registered issuance of $2.25 billion of its 6.000% Global Bonds due 2033.
- Corporación Andina de Fomento in connection with its SEC-registered security issuances.
- The Republic of El Salvador in connection with its issuance of securities sold under Rule 144A/Regulation S and its liability management transactions.
- The Republic of Honduras in connection with its issuance of $600 million of its 5.625% Notes due 2030, offered and sold under Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- Hungary in connection with its security issuances and liability management transactions.
- Camposol SA (Peru) in connection with its issuance of $350 million of its 6.000% Senior Notes due 2027, offered and sold under Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- State-owned savings bank in connection with a $250 million credit facility with MIGA guarantee to support social housing.
- Credit Suisse (Brazil) in connection with secured lending facilities.
- The Creditors Committee of Barbados in connection with the sovereign restructuring of Barbados' external debt.
- Banco Aliado SA in connection with a $145 million syndicated loan led by Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior, SA (Bladex) with a syndicate of 15 international financial institutions.
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2019
- B.A., Georgia State University, 2016
- District of Columbia
- Member, Hispanic National Bar Association