For two decades, Sara Glover's practice has focused on advising energy companies in commercial matters affecting all aspects of their business from day to day operational issues to portfolio transforming transactions. Her many years of on the ground experience in the industry has resulted in her practical, commercial approach to legal challenges clients face, always looking for constructive solutions that align with business goals while also addressing legal risks.
As the industry focuses on execution of projects in the Energy Transition space, Sara continues to bring her profound traditional energy expertise to the evolving areas of Hydrogen and Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (CCS). Sara has assisted clients in forming partnerships and joint ventures in these areas. She also drafts and negotiates Hydrogen supply, offtake, and other commercial agreements, along with CCS development and operational arrangements relating to capture, transportation, and storage. Sara acts as a trusted advisor, dealmaker, and collaborative partner working to achieve her clients’ strategic goals.
- Seller of Haynesville assets in US$850 million transaction which also included the assumption by buyer of US$200 million of long-term midstream commitments.
- Publicly traded oil and gas company in US$7.7 billion merger involving operations in the Bakken, the SCOOP/STACK, and Uinta basins.
- Oil and gas company in divesture and full basin exit in the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale.
- Carbonvert, a carbon capture start-up, on corporate formation, financing, joint venture negotiations, offshore carbon capture storage lease, midstream and carbon market considerations.
- Carbonvert with offshore e&p operator in formation of joint venture for first ever offshore CCS disposal project including advising on first GLO CCS offshore lease.
- Multiple oil and gas companies, both buyers and sellers, of producing assets onshore and offshore on plugging and decommissioning obligations arising under bankruptcy and predecessor/successor liability scenarios.
- Oil and gas company on unwinding of various subsidiaries and affiliates and ultimate, name change of an active operator in multiple basins across the U.S.
- Oil and gas producer in negotiation of long-term oil gathering agreement in Permian Basin.
- Oil and gas company in negotiating various master services agreements, rig contracts, and supplier agreements to support the operational needs of the company.
- Oil and gas company in structuring and negotiating various facility construction and use agreements.
- Offshore operator’s interests in BSEE and U.S. Coast Guard investigations following offshore loss of well control event.
- Exploration and production operator following onshore loss of well control event including emergency response, casual investigation, regulatory compliance, third party claims and insurance issues.
- Exploration and production company on operational and royalty implications relating to existing and future midstream, transportation, and marketing agreements.
- Oil and gas company in unwinding of exploration and development agreement in the Eagle Ford Shale resulting in parties owning 100% of operated units.
- Oil and gas company in multiple carry arrangements to acquire additional drilling locations with the expenditure of no capital.
- Oil and gas company in dissolution of a drilling and development joint venture effecting operations on the Western Slope of Colorado involving complex third-party water, midstream, and transportation agreements.
- J.D., Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
- B.A., University of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, The Honorable Jay Zainey