Joel Greenberg concentrates in US and cross-border mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies, representation of financial sponsors, and securities transactions. He also advises publicly held and private companies on a wide variety of corporate governance and day-to-day corporate as well as transactional matters. He is a former Chair (2006-2009) of the Committee on Mergers & Acquisitions of the American Bar Association Section of Business Law.
Mr. Greenberg is a frequent lecturer on mergers and acquisitions topics, and has spoken at programs sponsored by the American Bar Association, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the Association of Corporate Counsel, the Center for International Legal Studies, Columbia Law School, Cornell Law School, Harvard Law School, the Inter-Pacific Bar Association, International Financial Law Review, Law Journal Seminars, Penn State Dickinson School of Law, Practising Law Institute, Stanford Law School, UCLA School of Law, University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, University of Miami School of Law and University of Texas School of Law. He co-chairs the annual National Institute on Negotiating Business Acquisitions, presented by ABA's Section of Business Law.
- Carestream Health, Inc. in the sale of its healthcare information systems (HCIS) business to Royal Philips, a global leader in health technology.
- BrightSpring Health Services (formerly ResCare), an Onex portfolio company and the leading provider of comprehensive home and community-based health services to complex populations in need of specialized care, in its sale to affiliates of KKR.
- Celestica, Inc. in its acquisition of Atrenne Integrated Solutions, Inc. for $143 million.
- Celestica, Inc. in its acquisition of Impakt Holdings, LLC for approximately $329 million.
- Carestream Health, Inc., in the sale of its dental digital business to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Hillhouse Capital Management.
- Onex Corporation in the initial public offering and secondary offering of JELD-WEN Holding, Inc.
- Onex Corporation in the sale of USI Insurance Services to an affiliate of KKR & Co. L.P. and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec for an enterprise value of $4.3 billion.
- Onex Corporation and Schumacher Group in the acquisition of ECI Healthcare Partners.
- Onex Corporation and Schumacher Group in the acquisition of Hospital Physician Partners.
- Onex Corporation in its investment in Schumacher Group.
- Skilled Healthcare Group in its combination with Genesis Healthcare.
- ValleyCrest Companies in its merger with Brickman Group (now known as BrightView).
- Onex Corporation in the sale of The Warranty Group to an affiliate of TPG Capital for an enterprise value of approximately $1.5 billion.
- Onex Corporation in its acquisition of USI Insurance Services LLC from a private fund managed by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. for $2.3 billion.
Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law (2010-2021)
Corporate Law (2013-2021)
Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2016-2021)
- JD, Yale Law School, 1974
- BS, New York University, 1967
- New York
Lieutenant, United States Coast Guard
Former Chair and current member of the Executive Council of the Committee on Mergers & Acquisitions, American Bar Association Section of Business Law
Former Member, Section Council, American Bar Association Section of Business Law
Former Member, Editorial Board of The Business Lawyer, American Bar Association Section of Business Law
Member, American Bar Association Section of Business Law Committees: Audit Responses, Federal Regulation of Securities, Legal Opinions, Private Equity and Venture Capital, and Professional Responsibility
Member, Working Group on Legal Opinions
Former Member, Committee on Corporation Law, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Former Member, Tribar Opinion Committee