Dori Hanswirth is a litigator in the firm's Media & Entertainment practice, bringing more than 20 years' experience to bear for clients in the news, technology, and entertainment industries, with a focus on First Amendment, trademark, defamation, right of publicity, and copyright law/fair use.
Ms. Hanswirth also advises on First Amendment, media, copyright, and trademark-related issues for clients in a range of other industries, including financial services, education, internet services, social media, transportation, and telecommunications.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Hanswirth led the Digital Media practice at an AmLaw 100 firm, heading a team of lawyers focused on media advice and litigation, including a landmark decision by the New York Court of Appeals protecting a journalist from having to divulge her sources and numerous victories in reporters' rights and copyright and trademark infringement matters.
- JD, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, cum laude
- BA, University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, with distinction
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Western District of New York
- Member, International Trademark Association, Public and Media Relations Committee (2018 - 2020)
- Member, New York State Bar Association Committee on Media Law (2014 - present)
- Member, Media Law Resource Center (1994- present)
- Co-chair, Commercial and Business Litigation Committee American Bar Association (2011-2014)
- Co-chair, Programming Subcommittee, Litigation Section Pre-Trial Practice Committee and Business Torts Committee, American Bar Association (2004-2008)
- Co-chair, Trial Practice Committee, American Bar Association (2008-2011)
- Member, ABA Task Force on Attorney-Client Privilege (2010-present)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Copyright Society of the USA