Our Copyright practice is unique among US firms in terms of the clients we represent, the issues we handle, and the bodies before which we practice. We have played a key role in shaping copyright law as it has adapted to the latest emerging technologies.
Clients include the major professional sports leagues, broadcast and cable television networks, recording companies, motion picture studios, new media ventures, Internet companies, and software developers and publishers.
A principal focus of our practice concerns the intersection of copyright and new technologies as well as the distribution of TV programming over new and traditional media.
The breadth of our work includes representing clients before:
- US courts in highly publicized, precedent setting cases applying copyright law to new technologies;
- US Congress in connection with copyright legislation;
- US Copyright Office in numerous studies and rulemakings;
- US Copyright Royalty Board and predecessor bodies in numerous industry-wide compulsory license royalty proceedings; and
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in its consideration of international copyright treaties.
Our Copyright practice has been recognized as a leader in the field by Chambers USA, Chambers Global, and The Legal 500 US & UK. In addition, our lawyers have been named Law360 MVPs for Media & Entertainment, American Lawyer Litigation Daily's "Litigator of the Week," and the Daily Journal's "Top Intellectual Property Lawyers."