Gregory Harrington has extensive experience in major international financial transactions in Latin America, particularly in the area of capital markets and banking. Mr. Harrington's practice includes corporate and project finance, including equity and debt securities sold pursuant to US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registration, Rule 144A or Regulation S; and listings on the New York, London, Luxembourg, and Irish Stock Exchanges; Securities Act, Securities Exchange Act, and Investment Company Act compliance; and advising sponsors and lenders in connection with project finance transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Harrington was a partner at another international law firm based in São Paulo, having previously practiced in Madrid, New York, and Washington, DC. Prior to attending law school, he was a lending officer at Chemical Bank (now JPMorgan Chase Bank) in New York, including participating on the creditors committee for the renegotiation of the Republic of Colombia's international debt obligations.
- Federative Republic of Brazil as issuer in a historic bid to redeem or buy back bonds worth more than eleven billion dollars (US$11.8 billion). The transaction was named "Sovereign Liability Management Deal of the Year 2014" by Latin Finance, and "Best Swap Offer for Sovereign Liability Management."
- Caribbean Development Bank in connection with its US$175,000,000 Floating Rate Notes offered and sold under Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation in its offering of US$400,000,000 Fixed-to-Floating Rate Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series C.
- Camposol S.A. (Peru) in connection with its US$125,000,000 9.875% Senior Notes due 2017 offered and sold under Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- New York branch of a Brazilian bank in connection with its Yankee CD Program.
- RBS Zero Hora Editora Jornalística S.A. in its tender offer and consent solicitation for its 11% Guaranteed Notes due 2010 and concurrent offer and sale under Rule 144A/Regulation S of its real-denominated BRL300 million 11.25% Guaranteed Notes due 2017.
- CESP - Companhia Energética de São Paulo, as issuer on two concurrent securities transactions totaling approximately US$1.8 billion, including a US$1.58 billion equity offering and a US$220 million bond offering. At the time, the equity offering was the largest ever by a Brazilian issuer under Rule 144A/Regulation S. The transaction was named by LatinFinance as "Deal of the Year", as Best Follow-on Equity offering.
- Advising either the issuer, selling shareholders or underwriters in connection with the public offerings of shares of the following companies (in each case offered outside Brazil under Rule 144A/Regulation S): Banco Pine S.A., Positivo Informática S.A., Saraiva S.A. Livreiros Editores, Iochpe-Maxion S.A., and Grendene S.A.
- Brazilian fund sponsor and investment adviser in connection with the initial public offering of fund shares, offered in the United States under Rule 144A and Section 3(c)(7) under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
Capital Markets (2012-2013, 2016-2019)
"Foreign Expert for Latin America" – Banking & Finance (USA) (2013-2019)
- JD, University of Chicago Law School, 1994
- BA, George Washington University, 1988
- District of Columbia
- New York