Naomi M. Hartman advises clients on a broad range of corporate matters, including corporate formation and governance, mergers and acquisitions, private offerings, and SEC reporting and compliance. She also advises sovereign clients in their capital markets offerings. Ms. Hartman also has experience in intellectual property matters, focusing on the protection, development and commercialization of intellectual property.
Ms. Hartman earned her JD from American University Washington College of Law, summa cum laude, where she was a Myers Society Distinguished Fellow, staff on the Administrative Law Review and member of the Moot Court Honor Society. During law school, Ms. Hartman served as a judicial intern in the chambers of the Honorable Kathleen M. O'Malley in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and a legal intern in the Office of the General Counsel for the United States Department of Transportation.
Prior to law school, Ms. Hartman gained significant experience working as a trademark paralegal for more than ten years, both at an intellectual property boutique law firm and a Fortune 500 global cosmetics company. Ms. Hartman graduated from New York University, summa cum laude with Departmental Honors, with a BA in Social Sciences.
- Komatsu Ltd. in its acquisition of Joy Global in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $2.9 billion in equity value.
- Aduro BioTech in a $750 million collaboration with Novartis for the worldwide research, development and commercialization of novel immuno-oncology products.
- Private equity fund DC Capital Partners and its portfolio companies in acquisition and sale transactions.
- Life sciences and pharmaceutical companies in licensing, acquisition and sale transactions.
- Harbour Point Capital, a healthcare services-focused private equity firm, in its recapitalization of InSight Telepsychiatry, a leading national telepsychiatry services provider.
- Physician practices in sales of their practices.
- CPA Global on its acquisition of Innography, Inc.
- Enphase Energy, Inc., a global energy technology company providing home energy solutions, in its acquisition of the microinverter business of Sunpower, in exchange for $25 million in cash and 7.5 million shares of Enphase common stock.
- WorldStrides International, LLC, a Carlyle Group portfolio company, on its acquisition of CBL International.
- Hedge funds in US and offshore hedge fund formation and securities law compliance.
- Banks with respect to corporate governance issues and securities law compliance.
- State of Israel in SEC-registered bond offerings and the State of Israel Bonds Program.
- Republic of Turkey in SEC-registered bond offerings.
- JD, American University Washington College of Law, 2014, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
- BA, New York University, summa cum laude, with departmental honors
- District of Columbia
- New York
Member, Advisory Board, Our Military Kids, Inc.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Asian Pacific American Bar Association of DC
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association