Emil Hristov advises and represents clients on German and European competition and antitrust laws, including cartel proceedings, abuse-of-dominance proceedings, merger control proceedings before the German competition authorities and the European Commission, as well as antitrust follow-on lawsuits and litigation in court.
This subject-specific direction of Mr. Hristov's career began during his studies at University of Heidelberg and has been consolidated during the course of his professional career. He joined the firm in 2017 and completed a part of his legal traineeship at the Frankfurt and Brussels offices. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Hristov completed a traineeship at a Magic Circle law firm in Frankfurt, where he focused on commercial litigation and manager liability cases.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb in its $4.1 billion acquisition of Turning Point Therapeutics.
- Pfizer in its $ 6.7 billion acquisition of Arena Pharmaceuticals before competition authorities worldwide.
- AT&T Inc. in relation to the WarnerMedia / Discovery merger, coordinating international foreign investment notifications.
- Boston Scientific in obtaining merger control and foreign investment clearances in relation to its acquisition of Baylis Medical Company Inc.
- Pfizer on merger control aspects of its divestment of Meridian Medical Technologies.
- Boston Scientific in obtaining merger control clearances in relation to its acquisition of Farapulse Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. in its $ 17.4 billion acquisition of PPD Inc., securing clearances from foreign investment authorities in the EU.
- Boston Scientific in relation to its $1.07 billion acquisition of Lumenis before multiple competition and foreign investment authorities worldwide.
- Safran Aircraft Engines: constitution of EUMET GmbH, a joint-venture with MTU Aero Engines overseeing the development, production and support of the aircraft engine for the Next-Generation Fighter (NGF), a core element of the multinational FCAS program under participation of Germany, France and Spain.
- Pfizer in relation to the spin-off and combination with Mylan NV of Pfizer’s established medicines division Upjohn.
- Pfizer: Filing of its $12.7 billion joint venture with GSK, combining the parties' consumer health businesses, before the German FCO.
- Boston Scientific: Filing of its $4.2 billion acquisition of BTG plc., before the German FCO and other competition authorities worldwide.
- AT&T: German merger filing of its $1.6 billion acquisition of the online advertising platform AppNexus.
- Cisco Systems Inc.: German merger filing of its $1.9 billion acquisition of cloud-based unified communications provider BroadSoft, Inc.
- Safran in a high-profile transaction.
- Second State Exam, Higher Regional Appeal Court of Frankfurt am Main, 2017
- First State Exam, Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg, 2015
- Brussels, Belgium (associate member)
- German Attorney, authorized to represent before all German Courts (except for the Federal Court of Justice in civil matters) and before the courts of the European Union.
- Member, Competition Litigation Forum (C-L-F) e.V.
Member, Antitrust Forum Frankfurt (Kartellrechtsforum Frankfurt am Main)
- Member, Antitrust Lawyers Association for Germany, Austria and Switzerland (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht)