Emil Hristov advises and represents clients on German and European competition and antitrust laws, including cartel proceedings, abuse-of-dominance proceedings, merger control proceedings before the German competition authorities and the European Commission, as well as antitrust follow-on lawsuits and litigation in court.
This subject-specific direction of Mr. Hristov's career began during his studies at University of Heidelberg and has been consolidated during the course of his professional career. He joined the firm in 2017 and completed a part of his legal traineeship at the Frankfurt and Brussels offices. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Hristov completed a traineeship at a Magic Circle law firm in Frankfurt, where he focused on commercial litigation and manager liability cases.
- AT&T: German merger filing of its $1.6 billion acquisition of the online advertising platform AppNexus.
- Cisco Systems Inc.: German merger filing of its $1.9 billion acquisition of cloud-based unified communications provider BroadSoft, Inc.
- Safran in a high-profile transaction.
- Second State Exam, Higher Regional Appeal Court of Frankfurt am Main, 2017
- First State Exam, Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg, 2015
- German Attorney, authorized to represent before all German Courts (except for the Federal Court of Justice in civil matters) and before the courts of the European Union.