Hyung Soo Kim represents major multinational companies on both the buy and sell sides of their domestic and cross-border transactions. He has extensive experience with complex M&A and other innovative business combinations and arrangements, as well as the broad spectrum of related legal issues.
With a keen understanding of his clients’ business objectives and the network of legal requirements in which they can be achieved, Mr. Kim efficiently leads complex corporate transactions with an emphasis on enhancing economic benefits, corporate protections and timely closures. His proven aptitude for advising the executive leadership of multinational companies on a full range of legal and business concerns enables him to manage all aspects of a deal and guide clients to desirable outcomes across a broad spectrum of industries and geographies.
Mr. Kim is recognized as a business-savvy counsel with in-house and law firm experience that combines a results-driven orientation with strong skills in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of key contracts and business agreements. As a result, his career to date handling legal affairs in the US, Korea and multiple other jurisdictions has produced long-lasting relationships based on the ongoing trust and confidence of his clients.
- HFI on multiple matters, including its SPAC PIPE investment in the US and its acquisition of a certain interest in a Finnish wind farm.
- Woori Bank on its acquisition of a multifinance company in Southeast Asia.
- KB Asset Management on its sale of MDF 4 investments made by KB Europe Renewable Fund.
- DB Asset Management on its acquisition of a certain interest in Tikehau Direct Lending Fund V.
- Macquarie Korea Opportunities Management on its sale of Youngduk Wind Power Co. and Yeongyang Wind.
- Celestica on its acquisition of Impakt.
- CJ Logistics on its acquisition of Darcl Logistics in India.
- Consortium of financial investors on the acquisition of the Westin Resort in Guam.
- LLM, University of Southern California, 2004
- LLB, Yonsei University, 2002
- Registered Foreign Legal Consultant, Korea
- New York