Kevin Lavin is co-chair of the firm's Corporate & Finance practice group. He represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies, and privately held and publicly traded corporations, in mergers and acquisitions and public securities offerings. His clients operate in many industries, but he has extensive experience in the government contracting, information technology services, telecom, and software sectors. Mr. Lavin regularly counsels boards of directors concerning fiduciary duties and compliance matters.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Healthcare Trust, Inc. in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of American Realty Capital Healthcare Trust III, Inc. for approximately $120 million.
- BlueMountain Capital Management in the sale of a majority stake in Integrity Healthcare to NantWorks, a health-focused umbrella organization.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of American Realty Capital - Retail Centers of America, Inc. in its $1.4 billion merger with American Finance Trust, Inc.
- SAIC in its $790 million acquisition of Scitor Corporation.
- George Washington University in connection with its acquisition of assets from The Trustees of The Corcoran Gallery of Art.
- Private equity fund DC Capital Partners and its portfolio companies, including Michael Baker Corporation and National Interest Security Corporation, on numerous acquisitions, divestitures, and related bank and Rule 144A capital markets financings.
- Private equity fund The Halifax Group in its acquisitions of Envision Pharma, Ltd.; USES; Golden State Overnight Delivery Services, Inc.; K2 Industrial Services; Nutrition Physiology Corporation; Animal Supply Company, LLC; Polypipe; and Taylor Logistics; as well as in the successful sale of Taylor Logistics to Gibson Energy ULC.
- Walker & Dunlop, Inc. in its $220 million acquisition of CW Capital LLC from affiliates of Fortress Investment Group LLC and in its acquisition of Johnson Capital.
- Aptiv Solutions, a global CRO, in its $143.5 million sale to ICON plc.
- 42Six, LLC, a software development company, in its sale to Computer Sciences Corporation.
- ManTech International Corporation in its $242 million acquisition of Sensor Technologies Inc., and in its acquisitions of Evolvent, MYCSC, and Tran Tech.
- ServerEngines Corporation, a fabless semiconductor company, in its acquisition by Emulex Corporation for $78 million in cash and eight million shares of Emulex stock.
- Private equity fund Covant in its formation, initial acquisition of A-T Solutions, and as part of an investor group led by Madison Dearborn Partners in the acquisition of LGS Innovations LLC.
Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2008-2022)
Corporate Governance (2016-2017, 2021)
"Hall of Fame"–M&A Corporate and Commercial: Middle-Market (sub$500m) (2020)
"Leading Lawyer" – M&A Middle Market (sub-$500m) (2013-2019)
Private Equity Buyouts (2019)
M&A: National Firms – Large Deals (2008, 2009)
International Mergers & Acquisitions; Private Equity (2007)
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1988, magna cum laude
- AB, Georgetown University, 1985
- District of Columbia