Meir Lax's practice focuses on corporate, securities and financial transactions. Mr. Lax has worked on transactional matters in connection with mergers and acquisitions, consumer lending and finance, and private equity investments. Mr. Lax has worked with fund managers in connection with the formation and ongoing maintenance of various funds. He also advises financial institutions and their holding companies on a range of corporate and regulatory matters. Mr. Lax also assists public companies in preparing their periodic securities law filings and other securities law compliance materials and related disclosure matters.
Mr. Lax received his JD from Columbia Law School where he served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Columbia Journal of Tax Law and was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
- Multiple publicly and privately held companies in connection with mergers, asset acquisitions, financing and various corporate and governance matters.
- American Realty Capital - Retail Centers Of America, Inc. in negotiating a merger agreement with American Finance Trust, Inc., valued at US$1.4 Billion (pending)
- A hedge fund manager in connection with the formation of a fund of one for a state retirement plan and in connection with ongoing offerings of interests in funds that it manages.
- A private equity fund manager in its disposition of certain financial assets.
- Private equity fund managers in the negotiation of non-disclosure agreements.
- A registered clearing agency in connection with its regulatory filings and compliance and other corporate matters.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2014, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- BA, Brooklyn College, 2010,
- New York