Mateo Morris practices primarily in the areas of corporate, securities and international financial transactions. His practice includes the representation of foreign, public, and private clients as both borrowers and lenders in connection with U.S. and international debt and equity transactions, including capital markets offerings, and syndicated and trade finance lending operations. Mateo's experience includes equity and debt securities transactions sold pursuant to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registration, Rule 144A or Regulation S; and listings on the New York, London, Luxembourg, and Singapore Stock Exchanges. In addition, Mateo has experience in international arbitration matters as well as in white collar defense and investigations.
Mateo is active in the firm's pro bono immigration matters.
- The Republic of Colombia, Republic of El Salvador, Republic of Panama, Federative Republic of Brazil, Republic of Costa Rica, Hungary and Republic of Honduras in their international capital markets offerings.
- Empresa Nacional de Autopista S.A. in connection with multiple financings in connection with the Corredor Sur, Corredor Este and Corredor Norte toll roads in Panama.
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in its issuance of a two-year $10 million blockchain-based bond.
- Banco Aliado on a $130 million syndicated loan led by J.P. Morgan, Bladex and Banistmo in connection with the borrower's acquisition of Banco Panama.
- The Republic of South Africa on its SEC registered filings.
- Empresa de Transmisión Eléctrica, S.A. on a $400 million loan led by Citibank.
- Banco Aliado on a $145 million syndicated loan led by Bladex with a syndicate of 15 international banks.
- Grupo de Energia de Bogota on a $749 million syndicated loan led by Citigroup Global Markets Inc; Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated; Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and Bank of America, N.A.
- New York-based hedge fund in connection with $215 million secured loan to two subsidiaries of Empresas ICA S.A.B. de C.V. The loan was guaranteed by Empresas ICA and secured by pledges of the shares of certain subsidiaries of Empresas ICA.
- Banco Aliado on a $80 million syndicated loan led by Bladex with a syndicate of 13 international banks.
- MetroBank, S.A. in connection with loan portfolio securitization and related issuance of $64,000,000 Senior Secured Notes.
"Ones to Watch" — Corporate Law (DC) (2024)
- LL.M., Georgetown University, 2015
- Abogado (law degree), Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, 2011
- District of Columbia
- Republic of Colombia