Mateo Morris practices primarily in the areas of corporate, securities and international financial transactions. His practice includes the representation of foreign, public, and private clients as both borrowers and lenders in connection with US and international debt and equity transactions, including capital markets offerings, and syndicated and trade finance lending operations. Mr. Morris' experience includes equity and debt securities transactions sold pursuant to US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registration, Rule 144A or Regulation S; and listings on the New York and Luxembourg Stock Exchanges. In addition, Mr. Morris has experience in international arbitration matters.
Mr. Morris is active in the Firm's pro bono immigration matters.
- Empresa de Transmisión Eléctrica, S.A. on a $400 million loan led by Citibank.
- Banco Aliado on a $145 million syndicated loan led by Bladex with a syndicate of 15 international banks.
- The Republics of Colombia, El Salvador, Panama, and Honduras in their international capital markets offerings.
- Grupo de Energia de Bogota on a $749 million syndicated loan led by Citigroup Global Markets Inc; Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated; Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and Bank of America, N.A.
- Fintech Europe S.A.R.L. in connection with $215 million secured loan to two subsidiaries of Empresas ICA S.A.B. de C.V. The loan was guaranteed by Empresas ICA and secured by pledges of the shares of certain subsidiaries of Empresas ICA.
- Banco Aliado on a $80 million syndicated loan led by Bladex with a syndicate of 13 international banks.
- MetroBank, S.A. in connection with loan portfolio securitization and related issuance of $64,000,000 Senior Secured Notes.
- LLM, Georgetown University, 2015
- Abogado (law degree), Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, 2011
- District of Columbia
- Republic of Colombia