Colin O'Brien practices general litigation with an emphasis on complex commercial litigation and arbitration. Mr. O'Brien has handled a broad range of substantive matters, including patent litigation, international mining disputes, contract disputes, and securities matters. He also maintains an active pro bono practice with an emphasis on protecting the rights of the accused and civil rights generally.
Mr. O'Brien graduated first in his class at Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, where he was an Executive Editor on the Washington University Law Review. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. O'Brien worked at another international law firm and clerked for the Honorable David M. Ebel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- JD, Washington University School of Law, 2009, summa cum laude
- BS, Truman State University, 2006, cum laude
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, The Honorable David M. Ebel