Ludovica Pizzetti has more than a decade of experience advising clients on all aspects of UK and EU competition law, including complex competition conduct issues as well as merger control. Ms. Pizzetti has a highly international profile: she is dual-qualified in the UK and in the EU and is fluent in Italian, English and French.
Ms. Pizzetti has extensive experience advising pharmaceutical companies on a number of behavioural matters, including pricing and discounts/rebates, parallel trade, reverse payment patent issues, as well as distribution agreements. Her extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry has been most recently enhanced in the context of Ms. Pizzetti’s secondment with Novo Nordisk Ltd.
Ms. Pizzetti has also assisted multinational corporations on a wide range of behavioural issues, including abuse of dominance, commercial agreements, and restrictive practices, and across a number of different industries, including the media sector, oil and gas, fast-moving consumer goods, mining, agriculture, and financial services. She also has experience devising tailored antitrust compliance programs across different sectors and regularly delivers “dawn raids” training to clients.
Ms. Pizzetti has worked on several M&A transactions, assisting clients in securing merger control clearances in the EU/UK and coordinating the work of local counsel around the world.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Pizzetti worked in the competition law group at a leading London law firm and has also undertaken a traineeship at the European Commission (DG Competition).
- The acquisition of AT&T’s WarnerMedia business by global media company Discovery (EU, UK and several other international filings).
- Bristol-Myers Squibb in its $4.1 billion acquisition of Turning Point Therapeutics.
- The spin-off and combination of Pfizer's established medicines division Upjohn with Mylan NV (EU and several other international filings).
- The acquisition of publishing house Simon & Schuster (previously part of Viacom CBS) by Penguin Random House, book publisher and wholly owned subsidiary of the media company Bertelsmann (UK and several other international filings).
- The acquisition by Boston Scientific of Lumenis Ltd Surgical Business (UK and several other international filings).
- The public takeover by Boston Scientific of BTG, pharmaceutical company active in development and commercialization of products used in minimally-invasive procedures (UK and several other international filings).
- The acquisition by Bayer over agricultural conglomerate Monsanto, including management of divestment process to secure EU clearance.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Competition Law, King's College London, 2015
- Masters Degree in Law, Public and International Law, Università degli Studi di Siena, 2009
- LLM, EU Law, Competition Law, University College London, 2007
- England and Wales
- Milan Bar (Ordine Degli Avvocati Di Milano)