Paul Rodney's practice includes all aspects of civil litigation, at both the trial and appellate levels, with an emphasis on complex commercial and product liability litigation and administrative law matters. He also focuses on regulatory and legislative matters, and regularly counsels clients on strategies to ensure compliance with FDA and FTC regulations. His clients operate in a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, consumer products, insurance, and pharmaceuticals. Mr. Rodney also devotes substantial energy to various pro bono initiatives, including efforts to protect children in the foster care system and representation for indigent clients in civil matters.
Mr. Rodney received his JD from the University of Denver College of Law in 2009, where he served as Senior Staff Editor for the Denver University Law Review and Court Reports Editor for the University of Denver Water Law Review. Prior to receiving his law degree, Mr. Rodney received his PhD in English language and literature from the University of Michigan and worked as a technical writer for an international FDA-regulated technology and engineering company.
- Obtained complete defense verdict for consumer product manufacturer in 3-week jury trial involving product liability allegations.
- Brought lawsuit against FDA on behalf of a consumer product manufacturer under the Administrative Procedure Act that led to the agency withdrawing a guidance document and a proposed regulatory scheme.
- Obtained summary judgment, upheld on appeal, for insurer regarding multi-million dollar business liability claim.
- Counsel consumer product manufacturer in implementing nationwide strategies regarding state statutes and regulations.
- Facilitated resolution of multi-million dollar contract claim against commercial real estate developer for de minimis amount.
- J.D., 2009, Order of St. Ives
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1996
- M.A., University of Michigan, 1992
- B.A., University of Colorado, 1991, summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit