Sean Scanlon focuses on private equity-backed transactions and national and international mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Scanlon has advised on a large variety of corporate transactions and regularly acts for leading private equity houses, real estate investors, management teams and corporate clients.
- Bluebird Partners on the sale of its Island View Holidays Group portfolio company, an Isle of Wight-based holiday and caravan park owner-operator, to AG Holiday Parks UK Limited.
- Bluebird Partners on the acquisition and subsequent sale of Spacemaker, a self-storage business, to a subsidiary of Safestore Holdings plc.
- Bregal Capital on the reorganisation of Cognita, an international private schools group, and the investment in Cognita by funds managed by KKR.
- Bregal Capital on several acquisitions including of (i) the Danwood Group, (ii) the Asquith Court Schools Group and (iii) TBIH.
- Duke Street Capital and Bregal Capital on the acquisition and subsequent syndication of Cox Insurance Holdings plc.
- Gresham on several acquisitions including of (i) the Olaer Group, (ii) the Swift Group and (iii) the Restaurant Bar & Grill.
- HiG on the acquisition of Allerford Limited.
- Montagu on the acquisition and subsequent sale of Cory Environmental.
- Terra Firma (then the Nomura Principal Finance Group), whilst on secondment, on the acquisition of the Meridien Hotel Group.
- Vendors on the sale of 50% of Hasting Insurance Group Limited to Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division.
- Representation of the vendors and management on the sale of the 7city Group to Gresham.
Private Equity: Transactions (2017)
- LPC, De Montfort University, 1994, Commendation
- LLM, University of Leicester, 1993, with distinction
- LLB, University of Exeter, 1992
- England and Wales