Ryan Trombley specializes in corporate restructuring and corporate transactional law. He counsels clients on bankruptcy litigation matters, mergers and acquisitions, entity formation, corporate governance, SEC compliance, federal/state tax compliance, and secured lending / real estate transactions.
Mr. Trombley's recent restructuring matters include representing the Plan Administrator in the largest complex chapter 11 filed in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio involving the former largest private coal mine in the US, representing a blue chip Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) company in numerous preference actions, and representing the largest beauty retailer in the United States as a creditor in bankruptcy litigation matters.
Mr. Trombley's recent transactional matters include representing buyers and sellers in middle-market mergers and acquisitions in the telecommunications, metal fabrication, building supplies, and Information Technology industries.
Mr. Trombley has counseled multiple blockchain/cryptocurrency start-ups in entity formation, corporate governance matters, tax compliance, and private placements.
In addition, Mr. Trombley has represented numerous mortgage servicers in secured lending / real estate transactions and commercial litigation matters involving housing code violations.
Mr. Trombley previously worked as an international tax consultant at a leading Big Four accounting firm in Chicago and advised Fortune 500 companies on tax controversy, intercompany tax planning, tax due diligence, and cross border intellectual property transactions.
- JD, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2018
- BA, International Relations, Global Business; Spanish, University of Southern California, 2013, cum laude, Renaissance Scholar
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Central District of Illinois
- US Bankruptcy Court, Central District of Illinois
- US District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- US Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Illinois
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- US Bankruptcy Court, District of Colorado
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Bankruptcy Court, District of Columbia
- Member, National LGBTQ+ Bar Association