We are pleased to present the inaugural issue of Arnold & Porter’s PTAB Newsletter, a monthly offering of timely information and recent developments relevant to practice before the PTAB. This publication may address updates to USPTO policy (e.g., guidance memoranda) and to relevant case law (e.g., USPTO Director Review decisions, Federal Circuit or district court case law, or notable PTAB decisions). Our aim is to provide digestible summaries of these developments with links to the source material for further information.
In this issue:
- Q&A with Arnold & Porter PTAB Practitioner Ali Sharifahmadian
- Upcoming Events and Speaking Engagements
- Recent PTAB Memorandum Regarding Discretionary Fintiv Denials
- Recent PTAB Memorandum Regarding Applicant Admitted Prior Art (AAPA)
- Interim Process for PTAB Decision Circulation/Internal PTAB Review and Updates to Interim Process for Director Review
- In-Person PTAB Hearings to Resume at USPTO
- Recent IPRs Involving Director Review
- Recent District Court Decision Regarding Impact of Statements During IPR on District Court Infringement Allegations
© Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP 2022 All Rights Reserved. This newsletter is intended to be a general summary of the law and does not constitute legal advice. You should consult with counsel to determine applicable legal requirements in a specific fact situation.