AdTech & Digital Media Newsletter
Welcome to the September 2022 newsletter prepared by Arnold & Porter’s AdTech and Digital Media group. This newsletter includes legal and regulatory developments relevant to the AdTech and Digital Media industries, the state of venture investment activity in the AdTech industry, and updates regarding Arnold & Porter’s activity in the space.
In this issue:
- California Passes Children’s Online Safety Bill
- FTC Provides guidance on Digital Dark Patterns
- FTC Targets Fake Online Reviews
- FTC Announces Event Focused on Digital Advertising for Children
Case Law Development
- Third Circuit Decision in Popa v. Harrier Carter Gifts, Inc. Creates Exposure for MarTech
Arnold & Porter Updates
- See our recent article on Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996
- See our alert on the California AG’s imposition of a $1.2 million fine in its first settlement under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- See our alert on the FTC’s Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to address commercial surveillance and data security
Please see Arnold & Porter’s AdTech and Digital Media webpage for additional publications summarizing developments in adtech and digital media.
© Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP 2022 All Rights Reserved. This Advisory is intended to be a general summary of the law and does not constitute legal advice. You should consult with counsel to determine applicable legal requirements in a specific fact situation.