In this issue:
Q&A with Arnold & Porter PTAB Practitioner Abigail Struthers
- Q&A with Arnold & Porter PTAB Practitioner John Sabacinski
- Upcoming Events and Speaking Engagements
- Sanctions for Abuse of IPR Process: Letter From Director Vidal and Precedential Director Review Decision OpenSky Indus., LLC v. VLSI Tech. LLC, IPR2021-01064, Paper No. 102 (PTAB Oct. 4, 2022)
- Recent PTAB Case Regarding Pre-Institution Settlement: Texas Instruments Inc. v. Sonrai Memory Ltd., IPR2022-00801, Paper No. 8 (PTAB Sep. 22, 2022)
- Federal Circuit overturns Board decision that violates the APA: Provisur Techs., Inc. v. Weber, Inc., 2021-1942 (Fed. Cir. 2022).
- Board Institutes IPR Over Fintiv Challenge, Citing Compelling Unpatentability Arguments: Nokia of America Corp. v. TQ Delta, LLC, IPR2022-00664, Paper 10 (PTAB Sept. 27, 2022)
- PTAB Extends Motion to Amend Pilot Program
- Open for Comments: USPTO Initiatives to Ensure Robustness and Reliability of Patent Rights
- Open for Comments: USPTO Considering Expanding Practitioner Admission Criteria
© Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP 2022 All Rights Reserved. This newsletter is intended to be a general summary of the law and does not constitute legal advice. You should consult with counsel to determine applicable legal requirements in a specific fact situation.