Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Roundtable
Arnold & Porter
250 West 55th St.
New York, NY
Please join Arnold & Porter and Treliant for a discussion of critical cybersecurity and data privacy risks and practical considerations affecting portfolio management companies, private equity funds and other investment and financial services firms. The featured speaker at this event will be John Brennan, Former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (2013 – 2017) and current member of Treliant's Board of Directors.
Our speakers will provide an overview of the current cybersecurity threat landscape and will discuss the risks it presents for financial services firms, including regulatory compliance, litigation and reputational risks. The speakers will review the evolving data protection legal framework governing financial services firms and will provide insights into the types of cyberattacks and information security incidents such firms may encounter. The session will offer guidance regarding best practices for responding to such attacks and incidents, and on the internal controls and corporate governance mechanisms that should be in place to manage risks related to cybersecurity and data privacy.
- Cybersecurity and data privacy threat landscape and risk management trends
- Navigating regulatory, enforcement, litigation and oversight risks
- Understanding data privacy regimes, including the EU GDPR and the California Consumer Privacy Act
- Best practices for cybersecurity and data privacy disclosures
- Preparing for and responding to an information security incident
- Investor due diligence and third-party risk-management practices
- John O. Brennan, Former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency; Independent Member of Treliant's Board of Directors