Consumer Health Litigation and Privacy Landscape
This program focuses on how increased focus on regulation can give rise to litigation—especially in false advertising and product liability cases. In particular, we discuss how recent actions by legislative and regulatory bodies have impacted claims across a wide range of consumer products. We also explore and provide risk-reduction strategies for handling new privacy restrictions and requirements related to consumer health data, addressing new consumer health enforcement priorities in privacy and cyber, and avoiding or getting rid of class action data breach and privacy litigation.
- Litigation trends arising from recent government actions, including in the consumer health and consumer product industry
- Navigating the intersection—and mitigating the risk—between regulatory, legislative and litigation obligations
- Data protection, cyber and privacy law changes affecting consumer health
- Consumer health privacy and cyber enforcement priorities
- Avoiding (and lessening the impact of) data breach and privacy litigation