Key Developments in UK and US Employment Law
860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451
Arnold & Porter and North Eastern Human Resources Association Conference
Arnold & Porter and North Eastern Human Resources Association are pleased to invite you to this complimentary half-day seminar designed for HR professionals, in-house counsel and senior executives with labor and employment responsibilities.
Time to Update Your UK Employment Contracts
- New terms you are required to mention
- Protecting your company's confidential information
- What "garden leave" actually means and how to draft a valid garden leave clause
- Monitoring employee communications: what is OK to say given GDPR
- The ongoing vacation nightmare: new rules and more liabilities
- Process for changing contracts of employment
Demystifying Employee Generated IP: The UK Perspective
- What IP rights do employees generate?
- Protecting the employer: what needs to be stated in the UK employment contract?
- What does all the legalese actually mean?
- The difference between creation/inventorship and ownership
- "Assigning IP rights": when is that necessary?
- Do we have to pay employees if we want ownership of their inventions and copyright works?
- Best practices
Compensation and Benefits Issues in Corporate Transactions: The US perspective
- Compensation and benefits aspects of a deal
- Labor & employment: unions, WARN Act, wage and hour compliance, employment agreements, & non-competes
- Executive compensation: equity incentives, change in control provisions, 280G & 409A
- Employee benefits: pensions, retiree medical, severance
Processing HR Data in the UK: What US HR Professionals and In-House Legal Counsel Now Need to Know
- How has Brexit changed things?
- Transferring employee personal information to our US parent: major new developments
- When and how can we undertake criminal background checks?
- What documentation should we have in place?
- Can we rely on consents given by employees?