Evan Rothstein focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation with a specific emphasis on intellectual property. A recognized trial lawyer, he has experience handling patent litigation in court and at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, trademark litigation in court and at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, copyright cases, and trade secret matters.
Mr. Rothstein works with individuals and companies across a broad range of technologies, including those in media and advertising, gaming, digital signage, software, networking and telecommunications, e-commerce, industrial equipment, and manufacturing. In addition to representing clients in intellectual property matters, he devotes a portion of his practice to complex commercial cases, including covenant not-to-compete disputes, and health and managed care disputes.
Mr. Rothstein received his JD from the University of Colorado Law School on a Seeman Scholarship, where he was a Rothgerber Fellow and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal on Telecommunications and High Technology Law (now the Colorado Technology Law Journal). He received his BA in Economics from Emory University.
Outstanding Litigator: Colorado – Short List (2018)
"Rising Star" (2009-2017)
- JD, University of Colorado Law School, Rothgerber Fellow
- BA, Emory University, Honors in Economics, Dean's List
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Colorado IP Inn of Court
- Member, Board of Directors, Special Olympics Colorado
- Member, Advisory Board, Rose Medical Center
- Board of Directors, Silicon Flatirons Program
- Pro Bono Practice, Rocky Mountain Children's Law Center
- Ambassador, University of Colorado School of Law