Financial technology (FinTech) is driving rapid change in the financial services industry and in the way we spend, save, transfer, and invest our money. Our FinTech team combines strengths drawn from market-leading practices in Financial Services, Corporate and Securities, Intellectual Property, Privacy, Public Policy, and Litigation to provide comprehensive solutions in the rapidly evolving FinTech space. Our clients engage in global transactions and are often at the forefront of cutting-edge and disruptive business models that require equally innovative legal support and analysis. Our deep bench of FinTech lawyers is spread throughout our offices in strategic financial and technology centers in the United States and abroad, and draw upon their experiences as financial regulators, and in-house counsel.
Our clients include:
- Bank and bank holding companies
- Venture capital, private equity and other funds
- Global financial services firms
- US and foreign securities exchanges
- Marketplace and P2P lenders
- Virtual currency wallet and service providers
- Emerging payment systems operators
- Market data analytics and indexing firms
- Card associations
- Nontraditional lenders and providers of financing for education, personal finance and other solutions
- Industry trade associations
Sophisticated Counsel in a Broad Range of Areas
Corporate, Venture, IPOs, and M&A: Our experience spans all sides of a deal—FinTech companies: Negotiating venture financings, IPOs, mergers, stock, asset acquisitions and other transactions involving changes in corporate control; and advising on general corporate matters, SEC reporting and compliance, and the issuances of registered and exempt securities. Banks, investment managers and funds serving as strategic investors and financial investors: Negotiating investments in, loans to and acquisitions of FinTech companies.