Tracy Belton is co-chair of the firm’s global Mergers & Acquisitions practice. She represents strategic and private equity buyers and sellers of public and private companies across a variety of industries, including technology, insurance brokerage, healthcare, medical devices and defense. This breadth of experience allows her to offer innovative and flexible solutions in complex transactions. Understanding there is no “one size fits all” approach to transactions, she takes the time to understand her clients’ concerns and drivers and deliver practical, cost-efficient solutions.
In addition to her M&A experience, she is experienced in securities matters, including initial and secondary public offerings and compliance with SEC, NASDAQ, and NYSE reporting requirements. She also advises publicly held and private companies on a wide variety of corporate governance and day-to-day corporate as well as transactional matters.
In her pro bono practice, Ms. Belton represents tax-exempt organizations in corporate and transactional matters and small business owners in various commercial transactions.
Ms. Belton is the founder of the Arnold & Porter Women in M&A Initiative, which provides guidance and support to female M&A attorneys at the firm through mentorship and training opportunities. She is also active in the firm’s training program, focusing on training deal teams in exceptional client service.
- BrightSpring Health Services (formerly ResCare), an Onex portfolio company and the leading provider of comprehensive home and community-based health services to complex populations in need of specialized care, in its sale to affiliates of KKR.
- Onex Corporation in the sale of USI Insurance Services to an affiliate of KKR & Co. L.P. and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec for an enterprise value of $4.3 billion.
- American Securities in the sale of portfolio company Robertson Fuel Systems LLC, a leading producer of auxiliary fuel systems for military rotorcraft, to HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp. for $255 million.
- Onex Corporation in its investment in Schumacher Group, a leading US provider of outsourced emergency and hospital medicine clinical staffing, as well as healthcare advisory services, and subsequent acquisitions by Schumacher Group of Hospital Physician Partners (HPP), the fourth largest US provider of emergency and hospital medicine clinical staffing services, and ECI Healthcare Partners, a leading US provider of emergency and hospital medicine management.
- Onex Corporation in its sale of The Warranty Group, Inc., a leading global provider of warranty solutions and related programs, to private equity firm TPG for an enterprise value of approximately $1.5 billion.
- Harbinger Group Inc., a public company, in its acquisition of a majority interest in global consumer products company Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
- Harbinger Capital Partners in the acquisition of a 51.29% stake in Zapata Corporation, a public company.
- J.D., St. John's University School of Law, 2007, cum laude
- B.A., International Affairs, George Washington University, 2004, cum laude, with honors
- New York