Tracy Belton is co-chair of the firm’s global Mergers and Acquisition practice. She represents strategic and private equity buyers and sellers of public and private companies in a variety of industry sectors, including technology, insurance brokerage, healthcare, medical devices and defense. This breadth of experience has refined her innovative and flexible solutions to deals. Understanding there is no “one size fits all” approach to transactions, she takes the time to understand her clients’ concerns and drivers and deliver practical, cost-efficient solutions.
In addition to her M&A experience, she is proficient in securities matters, including initial and secondary public offerings and compliance with SEC, NASDAQ, and NYSE reporting requirements. She also advises publicly held and private companies on a wide variety of corporate governance and day-to-day corporate as well as transactional matters.
In her pro bono practice, Ms. Belton represents tax-exempt organizations in day-to-day corporate and transactional matters and small business owners in various commercial transactions.
Ms. Belton is the founder of the Arnold & Porter Women in M&A Initiative, which provides guidance and support to female M&A attorneys at the Firm through mentorship and training opportunities. She is also active in the Firm’s training program, ensuring that her deal teams have the proper skills to provide exceptional service to her clients.
- USI Insurance Services in various acquisitions, including its acquisition of Associated Financial Group, an insurance brokerage, from Associated Bank, a subsidiary of Associated Banc-Corp (ABRC), for $266 million in cash (subject to certain adjustments).
- ManageYOURiD, a leading software provider of identity management, risk mitigation, and personal privacy services to commercial, government, and individual consumers, in its sale to System High Corporation, a portfolio company of Enlightenment Capital.
- AT&T in connection with merger control matters related to Discovery’s $43 billion purchase of WarnerMedia from AT&T.
- Sonaca Group, a Belgian aerospace company, in its acquisition of LMI Aerospace Inc., a US-headquartered publicly traded supplier of integrated solutions in aerostructures, engineering, and program management.
- Sandoz in its $1.525 billion acquisition of specialty dermatology generics company Fougera Pharmaceuticals from a consortium of private equity funds led by Nordic Capital, DLJ Merchant Banking (a Credit Suisse affiliate), and Avista Capital Partners.
- Alcon in its acquisition of WaveTec Vision, a privately held company that developed the ORA System, the first commercialized intra-operative guidance system for cataract surgeons implanting intraocular lenses.
- Skilled Healthcare Group in its definitive merger agreement with Genesis HealthCare, one of the nation's largest providers of post-acute care services, in a 100 percent stock transaction.
- PhotoMedex, a Global Skin Health Solutions™ public company, in its merger with Radiancy, Inc.
- JD, St. John's University School of Law, 2007, cum laude
- BA, International Affairs, George Washington University, 2004, cum laude, with honors
- New York